Guidelines for Setting Up an AWESOME Profile
- Bio: Your profile bio should be geared towards parents as they will reading this to get to know more about you. You are encouraged to include any youth experience from high school or college such as babysitting, camp counselor, or coaching. Also please include your current/most recent school and major. Be sure to wrap up your bio with a “why hire me” statement that shows you’re unique from the other profiles!
- Activities You Can Teach: Any activities, hobbies, or interests that you would like to share with kids and feel comfortable teaching.
- Profile Pictures: If you wish to change your profile picture, send us a photo that clearly shows your face. Outdoor backgrounds are strongly preferred to plain white dorm walls.
Do’s & Donts For Profile Photos:
- Look Professional and Friendly: Well-lit headshots of you smiling are great! Show potential employers how professional you are!
- Be Clearly Identifiable: You should be the only person in the photo so it’s clear that it’s you, which means a close-up and good quality photo with no one else but you.
- Show Your Whole Face: Your picture should show your whole face from the top of your head to the bottom of your chin. This also means avoid sunglasses, hats, or anything that obstructs your face.
- Use A Current Photo: Your photo should be current to show who you are and what you look like now.
- Don’t Use Unprofessional or Controversial pictures: Avoid pictures involving parties, alcohol, etc. Show yourself as a professional and worthy of being hired
- Avoid Filters: Filters on profile pictures can be distracting and won’t show the real you! Use the best photos that show the real you.
- Availability: It will really help you get chosen by families to give your specific availability because they will know if you fit into their desired schedule. Be sure to post your general availability like “Full-time”, “Part-time”, or “Occasional Jobs.” Also include your preference for weekdays, weekends, mornings, afternoons, nights, etc. For example, your availability could be “Monday-Thursdays 10AM-5PM”.
- If waiting to hear from your school/college then you can put that you aren’t exactly sure when or if you’re going back to college in the Fall or if you’re staying home for online courses. Ex: “TBD Based on School”
- Examples: “Weekdays, up to 30 hours/week.”; “ Flexible for part-time or full-time through November 15.”; “Mon/Wed 8:30a-12:00p, Tu/Th/Fri all day.”; “TBD- will know fall schedule after Sep 1”
Also, you can toggle between "active" and "unavailable" at the bottom of the page depending on if you’re looking for new jobs. "Hidden" will hide your profile completely from the Available Leaders page.
- Certifications: List any certifications that you may possess such as CPR, First Aid, Lifeguard, etc. You can also include any non-safety related certifications like instrument or teacher certifications.
- Hourly Rate: Post your hourly rate or a range. You can later change this or negotiate with parents, but for now please provide a minimum rate.
- $12-$15/hour is recommended for providing in-house childcare
- $15-$20/hour is recommended if you are driving the child and taking them on day trips to the park, hiking, etc.
- $20-$40/hour is recommended for teaching specialized skills such as swimming, horseback riding, instrument lessons, etc.